If the standard time-frame as mentioned in the above table has expired and you have still not received the refund, please contact your credit or debit card issuer or your bank for more information. Refunds will not be processed in cash. Refunds can be processed via paper cheque only in exceptional cases.
For Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) orders:
1. If the payment method, which you used to make the payment (such as credit/ debit card) at the time of purchase, is no longer valid, refund will be issued through a demand draft.
2. If we receive a payment failure notice from your bank, refund will be issued through a demand draft.
We will send you an e-mail asking you to call us and provide your name and address where you want the demand draft to be sent. After we receive these details, refund will be initiated.
For Seller-Fulfilled orders:
1. For damaged/ defective items, the seller will issue a refund if the item cannot be repaired or replaced.
2. In any case where a refund is required, the seller(s) need to authorise that refund. Amazon.in can assist in facilitating refunds for you only when the seller notifies us of the receipt of the item. Once the seller notifies us of the receipt of the return item, the above refund time period will apply for processing refunds.
Refund for Pay on Delivery Orders:
For Pay on Delivery orders, refunds will be processed either to your bank account (via National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)) or Amazon account (as Amazon Pay balance).
If you wish to receive the Pay on Delivery order’s refund to your bank account, you can update the details of the bank account in Your Account section or from the Returns Centre when you are returning an item.
Note: Refunds cannot be processed to third-party accounts. The name on your Amazon account should match with the name of the bank account holder.
Paper cheque clearing
All cheque refunds will be in form of "at par" Deutsche Bank cheques. Deutsche All chequBank cheques are cleared locally in the following cities:
If you plan to present the cheque in person in any other city, ensure that your beneficiary bank sends the cheque for outstation clearing.
In case you plan to drop your cheque in a clearance box, please note the following:
- If you are dropping the cheque in a clearance box in any of the above cities, use the box marked Local Cheques.
- If you are dropping the cheque in a clearance box in any other city, use the box marked Outstation Cheques.
Failing to follow the above instructions might result in the cheque not being processed and a penalty being levied by the bank.
Note: Once a cheque is issued, Amazon will send you an e-mail with the tracking details of the refund cheque within 4 business days from the date of refund.
Shipping Cost Refunds
For Fulfilled by TheSafePlus Eligible items, return shipping costs of upto Rs. 100 will be refunded. The cost of gift-wrapping will also be refunded, if any. All such refunds will be issued through cheques.
Note: If you incur return shipping charges over Rs.100 for returning large and heavy items, you can contact us for an additional refund. For refund of such additional charges, proof of payment, like a courier receipt needs to be submitted.
- If you're returning a Seller-Fulfilled item, you can request the seller to reimburse the return shipping charges you incurred. In such cases, a seller might ask you to provide the courier receipt.
Note: The seller will not refund the shipping cost incurred in case of remorse returns.